What are cookies?
And what do we use our cookies for?
Using them makes our work easier and allows for:
- Cookies are files (mostly text files) that are saved on your device such as a laptop, tablet or smartphone, which you use to visit our websites. Cookies are used most commonly for online shops, sites that require login, advertisements and monitoring the activity of visitors. Default settings of cookies allow the information stored in them to be read only by the server that created them.
- In the Cookie file, we usually store the name of the website it originates from, a unique number allowing us to identify the browser you are using and the life span of the cookie, meaning the time it has been active.
Are all cookies the same?
No, there are a few types, distinguished by:
1. differences in “lifespan”:
- our sites to work better and load faster;
- enriching the portals’ functionalities;
- our services to adjust to the individual preferences of every user;
- creating anonymous statistics allowing us to understand how our users use the sites, which in turn allows us to improve their structure and content;
- no need to hide it - also for defining the user’s profile to display more suitable web ads, especially from Google.
2. function they serve:
- session cookies - temporary files that expire the moment you leave our portal and close the browser;
- persistent cookies - these remain in your device for as long as their lifespan settings allow or until you delete them.
- Necessary- cookies are essential for the correct functioning of the site and its elements that you want to use. It would be quite hard to do anything without them.
- Performance enhancing - they help us optimize the performance of the site and available functions, avoid errors and solutions that could make life harder for every user.
- Functionality improving - these files improve your site browsing experience, above all by remembering your settings (including location, session status and choices) and thanks to it, it is easier for you to use our site.
- Targeting - these types of cookies allow us to better understand your preferences and through their analysis, improve and develop products and services. Information and processed data is gathered without identifying personal data of individual people.
- Advertising - helps to choose advertisements that our suitable for every user’s individual needs. Thanks to that we limit the number of offers shown “blindly”, focusing on effectiveness of each marketing campaign.
Is it worth deleting cookies?
- First party cookies
- Third-party cookies - cookies placed here by third parties cooperating with us, such as Google or Facebook.
- Web browsers by default allow for storing of cookies on your device, but you can always change the settings in that regard and delete the files from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- It is also possible to block cookies entirely or in part, e.g. only those from third parties or do it so that each time a cookie is sent to your device, you receive a notification. Detailed information about that can be found in the help tab or the documentation of your web browser.